Congratulations on obtaining your very own Bex model 1111 XE3!
Please follow these rules of proper handling, treatment, and understanding of your Bex. Remember, if properly cared for, a Bex should provide you lasting affection for your entire life.
1) Your Bex is not an overly social model. It likes people and gatherings, but in small and manageable doses. If your Bex cuts loose in a rare moment of sugar induced hilarity, enjoy the entertainment, but be fully aware that for the next 2 weeks your Bex will need to recharge and will react negatively to any suggestion of a repeat performance. There is a reason this instance is rare, your Bex needs to feel completely at ease with those she is in the company with for this rare occurrence to manifest. No matter how much you enjoyed the performance, any attempt to force the repeat of this occurrence might damage your relationship with your Bex.
2) Your Bex loves to sleep, in fact will sleep and sleep and sleep unless something interesting is placed on offer.. This is best done the night before or after sufficient 8 hours of sleep has passed. For full protection stand away from the sleeping Bex when enticement is occuring, for your own safety. When in doubt, offering of a Breakfast-type food is a good bet, but may only work until the meal has been consumed and then the opportunity will be lost. Suggesting a follow-up activity will be met with consideration at that time. Time it well, never offer before first bite has been consumed (you have been warned). Activities that have a higher chance of being accepted include the following:
Shopping for anything but clothes
and did we mention Learning?
Activities to avoid:
Shopping for clothes
Shopping for clothes
Sitting Still for long periods
Shopping for clothes
Places where mingling is required
Shopping for clothes.
Wearing a dress is required.
and did we mention shopping for clothes?
3) Your Bex is a very moral creature. She will not tolerate certain behaviors and will become unresponsive in future if you say or do something she considers unethical, demeaning to others, bigoted or somewhat crass, in nature. Your Bex loves people but rude people with a lack of polite and kind behavior will quickly find themselves ignored, shut out, or completely unfriended by their Bex. Her code of conduct will always be to treat others with respect, you may not realize you have offended your Bex until she stops communicating.
4) Your Bex has a design flaw. We apologize for this, however to make the Bex has unique as possible certain flaws have been allowed in the final design and have become an integral part of the system database, to delete this flaw is to lose the entire system in a shut-down. The flaw is that your Bex cannot pass a bookstore without going inside. The Bex will freak out if not allowed to enter and may become deeply unresponsive if denied. The Bex will become physically pained if unable to go inside and indulge her need to learn. The learning program in your Bex is immense. It was created with an unlimited capacity for learning and, in fact, greatly enjoys adding new input. Your Bex seems to most enjoy trying things after she has learned about them. She will be drawn to creativity and those who have it. She will respect highly anyone who has knowledge of something that they are passionate about. Even if the subject matter is not something the Bex wants to pursue herself, your Bex will have great reverence for those that follow the learning path.
5) Your Bex comes complete with her own spirituality. Do not attempt to tamper with the religion programming on this unit. The Bex has layers of belief that are couched in the very center of her programming. To remove her spirituality and insert a dogma of a specific religion will only result in a complete re-set of the unit, as the Bex will not tolerate the new directives. Your Bex will have extensive knowledge of all religions, those that she has not encountered will be of great interest to her. While she respects all religions, her selection of her own personal beliefs were solidified and locked into her during an earlier version of this unit.
6) Your Bex will need reassurance often. This unit wants to be happy and will worry constantly about her connection with you. She will need to know that you are still there and continue to enjoy her company. She is a bit shy, even though, at times, she will appear chatty and extroverted. This program is extremely interested in pleasing others and thus, may appear to be at ease socially. This is a misconception. The Bex will need more time to re-generate and replenish after any and all social interactions. Though this unit can and will interact with others, it is not a natural part of its being. Your Bex will be polite at all times, however, it will be needful for you to pay close attention to the unit’s clues and be ready for when it needs to step away from the limelight and be alone. Failure to recognize that your Bex needs to go home will result in crying, trembling and/or an expression of numbness.
7) Your Bex has a sense of humor. It will exhibit itself only when the Bex is at ease. If the Bex cracks a joke, generally this is a sign that she accepts you as a part of her inner circle. The Bex has a fear of appearing stupid, and therefore it is a form of high praise to be trusted with her less proper teasing. Once this ease is noted you will encounter signs of her humor at work. She will generally, in public, laugh quietly to herself or mumble something whilst smiling secretly. This is a sign that your Bex has been amused. Look to where your Bex is looking and you may be rewarded with an insight into what has amused her. This could result in a much treasured moment of shared humor.
8) Your Bex unit is extremely sentimental. She will have stories memorized and filed for re-telling. Every special memory will be pondered over and given great value. You will find, that if you ask, she will regale you with memories you were not aware you were creating. Do not be concerned if your Bex leaks from her eye sockets at times, this is normal. If your Bex turns away from you after you have done something particularly kind or loving, do not be alarmed! This is your Bex’s shy side taking over. When the capacity for tenderness overflows the Bex may react in this manner as well. It is the units way of hiding slightly, her vulnerability. Be assured your Bex was extremely moved.
9) Your Bex loves to travel. Along with learning, your Bex loves this activity very much. It is something she will seek with the most energy possible, (which may explain the sleeping.) This unit hates to sit still. The Bex unit that sits still in one place too long will get itself,very quickly, into trouble. If left too long in one place with nothing to do, this unit can and will manufacture something for itself to do. This is not always a good thing. Doodling, mischief-making, and shameful over-sharing of information to any nearby will override her normal social propriety. This will probably embarrass the unit later as over-sharing is not something the Bex does without consequences. A small problem with this unit in these situations is that the Bex tends to share things she is not filtering properly for her audience.
10) Do not attempt to change your Bex She is quirky, opinionated, restless, and prone to worry. She is changeable in mood, likes to curse at her computer, and will always cry in private, never in public. Treat your Bex well and she will always trust you. This unit never disconnects a friend once she has made one. Keep this in mind when asking her to delete one that has become unhealthy or unkind to her. She will understand the need to delete them, but will suffer greatly for the feeling of loss it leaves behind.
Once again, congratulations in obtaining your very own Bex.