- Who is your hero? My hero. Hmm. I think the person who has impacted me most in my life was actually Harper Lee. When I read “To Kill a Mockingbird” it changed my entire life. I learned about conviction, integrity, and holding your own even if you are the only person standing up for something right. Even if it ends your life, there are some things worth dying for. The other hero I’d choose would be Charles Shultz. His wisdom is subtle but profound. I have soo many heros!
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? If I could live anywhere I’d not live in the same place. I’d travel and see everywhere there is. I’d probably eventually settle down in the UK or somewhere in the country.
3. What is your biggest fear? Being forgotten, losing my memories.
5. What is your favorite family vacation? My father drove the entire family in our station wagon from Pennsylvania to Florida to go to Disney World. It was magical.
5. What would you change about yourself if you could? I’d probably fix my crooked feet. My feet are malformed from my childhood and, though I am quite use to it, they do cause me great physical pain due to the improper balancing of my feet.
6. What really makes you angry?
Seeing people and animals harmed by cruel and selfish people. The idea that someone can hurt another person or animal for emotional or sexual gratification greatly angers and deeply saddens me.
7. What motivates you to work hard?
Knowing that once I succeed I can use my knowledge to further others along their path.
8. What is your favorite thing about your career? I am greatly delighted by creating something that didn’t exist and suddenly now exists and says something in a way never said quite this way before. I love being the creator of dreams and stories.
9. What is your biggest complaint about your job? I can’t do it for a living yet.and working to pay my bills takes me away from my true passion. That I’m generally exhausted by the time my weekend arrives and thus, haven’t the energy to create.
10. What is your proudest accomplishment? Giving birth to my son.
11. What is your child’s proudest accomplishment? I think Z’s proudest moment hasn’t happened yet, but graduating from high school and getting into college was the most recent success.
12. What is your favorite book to read? To Kill a Mockingbird.
13. What makes you laugh the most? Being happy within myself. I delight in being myself, the truest me. I love that I just get to be me now.
14. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? Hmm. It’s been a long time for me..hmm. I think the last movie was Moana with Z visiting at Christmas one year. I thought the storyline was beautiful.
15. What did you want to be when you were small? I wanted to be a character in a movie, like actually live in a movie. Second choice was a writer.
16. What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? Z wants to be a game artist.
17. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Sculpt. I was actually quite good at it in school.
18. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Badminton actually. I also like to bowl and swim. I love watching the Olympic events.
19. Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Ride a horse, but I’d have to learn how first.
20. What would you sing at Karaoke night? “Beautiful Day”
21. What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? I don’t listen to radio. I have 3-4 specific playlists I play depending on my mood or activity.
22. Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?
Umm..I like everything but mowing as I’ve never done that.
23. If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work?
I like doing them myself. I get a sense of calm from sorting myself out.
24. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Nachos
25. Who is your favorite author?
Joseph Lallo, Jessica Townsend, Heron Carvic, Harper Lee, Agatha Christie, Arthur Conon Doyle, Karen Marie Moning…there are soo many!!
26. Have you ever had a nickname? What are some of them? My dad use to call me Bex, my nephew called me Bekkiah and some of the kids I watched called me Rabekki. My friend M, calls me B.
27. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I hate them. I am a very emotional person, but truly hate everyone looking at me and not being able to hide my reactions.
28. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read? Game or read. I like my serene time.
29. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Both. I would love to see the colors, the plant-life, the animals and the Northern Lights. I want to experience everything!
30. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why? Perfect job. Winning the lottery is just free money. I like to earn things.
31. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?Keanu Reeves.
32. If money was no object, what would you do all day? Take classes in everything! Visit libraries, read books, buy books, travel and explore.
33. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? 1974
34. How would your friends describe you? Quirky.
35. What are your hobbies? Sewing, reading, writing, playing games, photography, learning
36. What is the best gift you have been given? Memories.
37. What is the worst gift you have received? Memories.
38. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? A book.
39. List two pet peeves. Casual negligence, Insensitive remarks
40. Where do you see yourself in five years? Nose deep in a new adventure.
41. How many pairs of shoes do you own? 3
42. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Mind reader or invisibility.
43. What would you do if you won the lottery? Travel and take classes in everything I ever wanted to learn.
44. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) Airplane. From the moment I took my 1st flight I was hooked! I love to fly!
45. What’s your favorite zoo animal? Giraffe.
46. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?I wouldn’t. Everything I am is from everything I have been through.
47. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? Robin Williams, Mister Rodgers, Jim Henson, and my dad.
48. How many pillows do you sleep with? 3
49. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep (and why)?
3 days. My ex use to fall asleep at the wheel. I’d stay awake to keep an eye on him during long trips.
50. What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top of? A castle in the UK.